My terms for website projects are described here. They should help us when we work together. This page should give you an idea of the terms between us. The terms are specifically for these off-the-shelf web projects but also include web hosting and domain names.
Payments and Deposit
- After a template is chosen, an initial deposit of 50% will be invoiced; it must be paid and cleared in Influense’s bank account before any work starts.
- The remaining 50% will be invoiced after when the website project is completed. The final payment of 50% must be paid within 7 working days (as specified on invoices).
Web Hosting Costs
- A web hosting account provided by Influense Design is required with any of the off-the-shelf templates. Installation of these templates on any other service provider is forbidden unless otherwise agreed, this will incur extra charges.
- Web hosting is payable monthly by Direct Debit via gocardless.com. You must notify me by email if you wish to cancel. No refunds are given if hosting is cancelled.
- Web hosting accounts will be suspended a week after the invoice is due if payment has not been received. This means that your website won’t be visible to visitors, and could affect your search ranking. It will be restored on full payment of the invoice.
- Domain names are purchased, if required, on your behalf and you will own the name.
- All content for the website (text & images) must be supplied in full before commencement on the project.
- I will make every effort to meet the agreed completion date. Sometimes, circumstances change and if for any reason I cannot meet the agreed completion date I will endeavour to notify you in plenty of time.
- Any requests for extra work or changes to the project must be supplied in writing (for example, by email).
- Requests for extra work or changes to the initial development specification is agreed, or are requested after the project has started, may affect the agreed completion date and agreed price. Any requests for extra work or changes to the project will be quoted for and, if agreed, will be invoiced in advance as an interim payment.
- In addition to testing and checks that I carry out, it is the client’s responsibility to check over the finished project.
- I will build the website to follow current web standards (within the agreed specification and budget). It will be tested to support the latest versions of Microsoft Edge, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome. If you need further browser support, this should be discussed at the start of the project and can be included in the original quote and price.
- I test the site on Windows and Mac platforms.
- If the site specification includes a mobile device friendly design (a responsive design), I will test the site on Android smartphone, tablet, and an Apple iOS device. Additional testing can be arranged but will incur extra costs.
- Client agrees that Influense Design cannot guarantee correct functionality with all browser software across different operating systems.
- Influense Design cannot accept responsibility for web pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after the website have been designed and handed over to the Client.
- Client agrees to reimburse Influense Design for any additional expenses necessary for the completion of the work. Examples would be purchase of special fonts, stock photography etc.
- The Client retains the copyright to data, files and graphic logos provided by the Client, and grants Influense Design the rights to publish and use such material. The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party. The Client is further responsible for granting Influense Design permission and rights for use of the same and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Influense Design from any and all claims resulting from the Client’s negligence or inability to obtain proper copyright permissions. Acceptance of these terms shall be regarded as a guarantee by the Client to Influense Design that all such permissions and authorities have been obtained. Evidence of permissions and authorities may be requested.
- All Influense Design services may be used for lawful purposes only. You agree to indemnify and hold Wombat Creative Limited harmless from any claims resulting from your use of our service that damages you or any other party.
- Termination of services by the Client must be requested in a written notice and will be effective on receipt of such notice. E-mail or telephone requests for termination of services will not be honoured until and unless confirmed in writing. The Client will be invoiced for work completed to the date of first notice of cancellation for payment in full within thirty (30) days.